Thank you for your interest in supporting my run for Council. Donations are easy, and you can donate as little as $5 online. Here are the options:
- Click the “Donate” button to provide a donation of any size through credit card or PayPal
- Contact our Campaign Finance Agent (firstname.lastname@example.org) for donations by cash or cheque
Some important notes on donating:
- Current campaign finance laws do not allow for tax deductions on donations to municipal campaigns. Please leave your email address information in addition to your name and address, and we will email you a receipt in any case to confirm your donation amount.
- If you wish to donate anonymously, you can do so only up to $50. Any anonymous donation above that amount cannot be used and will have to be forwarded to Oak Bay for general revenue.
- You can donate any amount you wish. Under FOIPPA rules, all campaign donation details (donor and amount) are available for public scrutiny if requested.
- We are running a tight ship on spending, and if we have money left over at the end, 100% of any excess will be donated to the “Homelessness Prevention Fund,” used to provide emergency bridge financing to people facing loss of home due to income shortfall (http://www.victoriafoundation.bc.ca/web/node/476)
- Giving a donation does not automatically add you to any mailing list. If you want to be notified the day before the election or added to our e-mailing list, please click the "Remind Me" button at the top of the page.
- We really appreciate your donation! Campaigns cost money, and local elections are paid by local interests. This is grass-roots activism at its best. Please include a quick comment with your donation, it’s good to know what you want from council in the next 3 years.